When business people believe, they can do amazing things. We give our clients the confidence to do so. We want them to fly.
We are business law specialists focused on the smaller end of town – SME, private and family companies only. We help business people start, buy, grow and exit businesses and solve business disputes.
Here are some of things we can help with.
- Structuring? Companies – Trusts; Asset Protection
- Taking on a new shareholder? – Shareholders Agreement
- Sharing confidential information? – Confidentiality Agreement
- Transferring intellectual property? – Intellectual Property Transfer Agreement
- Franchising? – Franchise Agreement
- Negotiation a deal? Heads of Agreement
- Going into partnership? – Partnership Agreement
- Adding a new partner? Partnership Accession Agreement
- Adding a new shareholder? Shareholder Accession Deed
- Adding a new unitholder? Unitholders Agreement
- Borrowing Money? Loan Agreement
- Buying a business? – Business Purchase Agreement; Share Purchase Agreement; Due Diligence; Structuring.
- Outsourcing services? – Service Agreement
- Supplying to customer? – Terms & Conditions of Sale
- Selling through your website? – Website Terms & Conditions
- Licensing Software? – Software Licence Agreement
- Building a website?
- Website Development Agreement
- Hiring a contractor? Contractor’s Agreement
- Engaging an agent? Agency Agreement
- Lending Money? – Loan Agreement
- Engaging a distributor? – Distribution Agreement
- Going into a joint venture? – Joint Venture Agreement
- Licensing Intellectual Property? IP Licence Agreement
- Licensing a trademark? – Trademark Licence Agreement
- Licensing copyright? – Copyright License Agreement
- Leasing property? – Property Lease
- Engaging a manufacturer? – Manufacturing Agreement
- Leasing plant & equipment? – Plant & Equipment Lease
- Engaging an introducer? – Introducer Agreement
- Sponsoring? – Sponsorship Agreement
- Advertising? – Advertising Contract
- Transporting goods? – Transport Agreement
- Engaging a dealer? – Dealership Agreement
- Taking / giving security interest? – Security Interest Agreement
- Selling shares? – Share Sale Agreement
- Selling a business? – Business Sale Agreement
- Dissolving a partnership? – Partnership Dissolution Agreement
- Transferring to family? – Business Succession Agreement
- Selling to other shareholders? – Share Sale / Business Sale Agreement
- Selling to external buyer? – Share Sale / Business Sale Agreement
- Selling to employees? – Share Sale / Business Sale Agreement
- Selling to private equity group? – Share Sale / Business Sale Agreement
- Management buy-out? – Share Sale / Business Sale Agreement
- Shareholders Dispute / Unitholders Dispute / Partnership Dispute? – Advice and representation.
- Dispute over business / company sale or purchase? – Advice and representation.
- Contract Dispute? – Advice and representation.
Joe Kafrouni has been our company’s lawyer from the beginning and has been instrumental in our journey as company owners and directors. When dealing with both complex and sensitive company issues, Joe is able to provide us with clearly articulated strategies that are well thought‐out and with the bigger picture in mind. He genuinely cares and is always willing to share his personal views, which are both honest and just. Joe is highly professional and knowledgeable in his field. You will definitely benefit having him on your team.
News & Publications
Environmental considerations form the parameters of almost all commercial conduct. Those parameters are set by numerous laws, which have been implemented at state, territory, and federal levels. In a commercial sense, environmental protection laws are quite well known. Australia is renowned for maintaining a high standard of environmental management, and such management contributes to the manner in which businesses are operated nationwide. However, the liability attracted by contraventions of environmental law is widely considered to be civil in nature. read more…
The laws surrounding cyber crimes are more relevant now, than ever. Cyber crimes can affect businesses in a plethora of ways. It is possible for cyber crimes to affect Queensland business directly. But it’s also possible for cyber crimes to affect businesses indirectly. As with all conduct, though, the law does intervene when a certain threshold is crossed. read more…
Embezzlement is a white collar crime with a bit of a reputation. Generally, embezzlement is associated with greed, and reserved for films or high profile media cases. But there is more to embezzlement than that alone. Embezzlement is actually just one among a whole suite of white collar crimes that relate to the misappropriation of money. read more…
Democracy is a dynamic system of governance that places everyone in a position of influence. It’s only natural, too, for individuals in a democratic society to exercise their influence as best they can. But there are some limits on that. A lot of those limits apply in commercial contexts, as well. read more…
Our firm is led by Joe Kafrouni, with over twenty years' experience in law. Joe is a Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist in business law. “I am driven to help my clients succeed."
We are business law specialists focused on the smaller end of town - SME, private and family companies only. We help business people start, buy, grow and exit businesses and solve business disputes.
Where We See Our Clients
We are based at:
Newstead: Level 2, Lobby 1, Gasworks Plaza, 76 Skyring Terrace, Newstead, Qld, 4006.
Parking: 2 hours free parking available at Newstead offices.
Our office is only one option – we are not attached to them. Here is how we regularly meet our clients. Tell us what suits you.
Contact us at:
- Phone: +61 7 3103 3199
- Email: email@example.com